Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Movie Star

Count me as an old cynic, this doesn't matter, but it bugs me. Recently, Elizabeth Taylor died, may she rest in peace. She was a movie star and she made a lot of headlines in her life. I don't know much about her, so I don't really know if she was a good person or not so good. But I maintain that an accomplished actress she wasn't. She was simply a movie star.

I challenge any readers of this blog to list any great and wonderful Elizabeth Taylor movies.

"A Place in the Sun" is a classic, but I don't like it. She looked good in it.

"National Velvet" was a good children's movie, but not great.

"Taming of the Shrew" was very good, but not a classic.

The rest of Taylor's movies were downers. Very depressing films. I challenge anyone who reads this blog to make comment on a really great Elizabeth Taylor movie. Except for the ones I've mentioned, they don't exist. Elizabeth Taylor was carried along by multiple marriages and a great publicist.

I'll be waiting. No responses mean that either you agree with me or no one reads the blog!

2 comments:

  1. Cleopatra, Taming of the Shrew and Little Women are all considered great movies, are they not? I believe Taming of the Shrew has high marks on imdb.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cleopatra was a dog (the movie, not the woman). Ref. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1004330-cleopatra/

    I'll give you Little Women and Quo Vadis, but that's not enough an actress to make. If you like her, that's great.

    Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete