Sunday, June 2, 2013

Nando's!

As promised, I am going to have more fun with this blog. I can't think of anything more fun than eating! Is my age showing?

Brenda and I have been hunting a great Mexican restaurant in Gilbert since we moved here. We like dives. Tia Rosa's is very good, a super, comfortable place to take guests. The have the best salsa ever, but it was not quite what we were after.

I had lunch at Nando's (corner of Val Vista and Baseline) before, but wanted to try a full scale, stuff yourself dinner.

Although it was prime time on a Friday evening, we were seated without much wait. The staff was attentive to Brenda's wheelchair needs and were very kind. It was loud.

Brenda ordered a taco and chile relleno. I asked for a chicken chimi. Just to top things off, I ordered a cheese crisp with veggies  and some guacamole to slather on anything I wanted. We both had a coke. One of us had diet. Chips and salsa were okay, but nothing special. The salsa seemed like a good quality institutional salsa, but the cheese crisp was exceptional. It was really crispy and the taste was fantastic. Brenda and I agreed that would could have had a cheese crisp and go home, but we are hungry Americans and so proceeded.

Brenda said her chile relleno was the best she's ever had. I had a small taste and thought it was one of the fine flavors ever. Her taco was a guacamole taco and that would have been hard to ruin even at Taco Bell. My chimi was heaven. I ordered a la carte and it still filled the plate. It was stuffed with generous amounts of white meat chicken. It was topped with all the sour cream and guacamole I could handle.

We've found our Mexican place in Gilbert(Okay, Mesa is just across the street.). Nando's is THE place. If any one thinks there is better Mexican food in Gilbert I'd like to know about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment