Sunday, June 2, 2013

For Ryan!


Last week, our grandson, Hayden Dille left for a two year mission to Guatemala. Nephew Ryan Mangum was visiting and asked me if I was still writing. I said no and he told me he read my efforts. I guess I've stopped because I figured no one was reading. So this one is for you Ryan!

As I write anew, I am determined to make my entries more entertaining with more variety and to do double spell check. There will be fewer politics rants and more of what makes life good.

With Hayden's departure, I have been very reflective. It is impressive to think about what turns our lives. Whether you are a believer or not, my decision to become a member of the LDS Church 50 years ago has affected everything that has happened since. I thought I was "the" convert, but going on a mission myself, raising a family, having a son and now a grandson go on a mission, I didn't convert, I metaphorically planted a tree. One seed. A lot of fruit. Even if one feels the Church is not an attractive option, my decision to become a member has changed many things.

We all have points in our lives where things change. As some know, I lived with two alcoholics many years ago. The day they took their first drinks, things changed for them. A door opened. It happens in all kinds of directions. I'm so grateful mine was a happy direction.


1 comment:

  1. Rocky, I have read your blog! Please continue to write. I wish I could visit your new-found Mexican food place. We don't have good ones in our small town. LHF

    ReplyDelete