Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dad

My Dad died in 1997, but, of course, I still remember him and things he taught me. Much of who I am is a result of his ideals. Here are a few. I may add more as my memory kicks in.

"Be honest."

"You can never have too many friends."

"Treat everyone with respect."

"If you get in a fight, hit the other guy  first in the nose and the fight will be over."

"The person you may dislike today may be able to help you tomorrow."

"Respect women and treat them well."

"Never take advantage of a woman."

"Don't try to make the last dollar. Leave that for some other guy."

"When you work, make sure you are worth what they pay you."

The last one is my favorite:
"Brenda is a very attractive woman."

Although I never hit anyone in the nose (in one case I was bleeding too much to hit back!), Dad's philosophy guided my life. If all sons had a dad like mine the world would be a much better place!

Thanks Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment