Sunday, May 22, 2011

Many Hands Help

This post is an apology for the last post, sort of. I fear that some may think it is my view that only religious organizations serve well. That is not true. Even in a small town like Payson, Arizona, many service clubs and other organizations were very active. The Red Cross did some great work. Habitat for Humanity was amazing. The Rim Country Search and Rescue helped save lives. There were many more. Many volunteers for these and other organizations, people who would never darken the door of a church, gave freely of their time and effort. In larger communities there are many volunteer organizations that make a big difference in many lives. I would not want to diminish the efforts of these wonderful individuals. I especially appreciate the elderly gentleman, a volunteer, who brought me a newspaper every morning when I was in the hospital recently.

I will remain critical of those who do nothing for any one, but still criticize churches and other volunteer organizations. Churches and synagogs may be full of hypocrites, but there are plenty of hypocrites on the outside too.

Blessings, especially to hypocrites!

No comments:

Post a Comment