Wednesday, May 9, 2012


"Worthless Worship"
I came across a comment in the Washington Post today that made reference to "worthless worship." I could not resist making the following reply.

I will comment upon the term "worthless worship." I do not believe worship is worthless. I have found solutions to my own problems in temple worship, church meetings and the Catholic Mass, although I am a Latter-day Saint, not a Catholic. I have, through worship, been motivated to do better, to be more patient and to be more kind. Through worship I have received the inspiration to do things which would help my wife, children and co-workers. I have been motivated to do more for the poor and needy around me. This process of worship, though I do it imperfectly, is not worthless. It helps me and those around me including some I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment